looks like the day finally came.. its been buzzing arround since last year that the old gym will be closed.. last friday was the end of it.. when i went ther.. the multistation has been disassembled..
i can't exactly recall when but roughtly it must have been in march 2002 that i've started.. da guys at the gym are wonderful.. jepp n zaha r the veterans that lasts till today.. memula join mmg kena buli laa.. for me.. ade ke tingkap tengah yg sealed diorg suroh bukak.. puas aku mencari handle nk bukak.. terkena aku.. haha.. btul x Zai? by da way.. yes Zai dulu ikut aku jugak turun gym.. haa jgn teperanjat.. siap dpt gelaran "kentang".. i guess thats why he retired.. takut2 dpt gelaran lain..
i also don't exactly know why i started to go to the gym.. but niniez might hv her version of da story where she claimed i'm a different guy after LeTour.. :P hehe.. could be true since i'm not sure.. however.. eversince.. da gym has been my oasis after work.. where i go sweat out n chill with da guys.. with the opening of our new office next door.. there was also a new gym that came with it.. been ther a couple of times but we still prefer the old one.. cse..
- where else can u drop barbell & dumbell directly on the floor rite after u've done with ur routine..
- where else in the office you can shout what u want without anyone care..
- where else can u hit da gym without shoes or shirt when u forget to bring it..
- where else can u celebrate your birthday at the gym.. with food & cakes..
- where else can u find a high turnover of newbies.. since they can't bear the mental game.. :P
- where else can u find good lifting partner where sometimes they juz leave u hanging with a 100 pound bar on your chest juz for fun..
so this is a tribute to the gym that has changed my life.. from the busted lifecycle n rusted barbell.. it doesn't matter in what condition the equipments were.. its how u adapt n use whats available to you.. its truly is a private gym for us since many come and go.. i shall miss that environment very much.